Sunday, June 29, 2008

My First Chunkster Challenge


I have finished my first reading challenge: The Chunkster Challenge. This challenge called for reading one book a quarter that is over 450 pages (regular type) or 750 pages (large print text).

Here is my list of books and the page counts:

1.) Twilight - 512 pages
2.) New Moon - 608 pages
3.) Eclipse - 640 pages
4.) The Host - 624 pages
5.) The Six Wives of Henry VIII - 656 pages
6.) The Other Boleyn Girl - 672 pages
7.) The Boleyn Inheritance - 528 pages
8.) The Queen's Fool - 512 pages
9.) The Virgin's Lover - 448 pages (this book was 2 pages short of the guidelines, but I figured several of my books were way over 450, so I decided to count it.)

And to think, I still have six more months to go in this year. So many books, so little time. Happy reading!

7 comments:

Literary Feline said...

Congratulations on completing the Chunkster Challenge! I still have two books to go, but I'm pretty sure I can fit them in within the next six months. :-)

Stephanie said...

Hey Bobbi! Thanks for visting me! I didn't join the Chunkster challenge (it's one of the few I didn't!) but I've read a couple of the ones on your list. I just finished The Host...and loved it! I have the 3 Twilight books on my TBR for later this year as well. I also thought The Other Boleyn Girl was amazing when I read it a few years ago.

Ravenous Reader said...

Hi Bobbi! Thanks for visiting Write on Wednesday! I'll look forward to seeing you around :)

I have a book blog too - it's here:

http://ravenousreader.wordpress.com

AND, congrats on finishing the Chunkster Challege! That was one I didn't dare take on!

Anonymous said...

i have just recently finished the other boleyn girl and was thinking about reading her other books.

i'm also working on a list of books i would like my husband to get when he is in the states. i'm going to search your site for some good recommendations!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I am reading "The Host" right now...and have read the rest of the books in your list. I really enjoyed going through your blog...and have added some of your selections to my library list. How many books do you read in a week?

alisonwonderland said...

wow! that's a lot of pages! good job!

Stacy's Designs 88 said...

OMG, that is awesome. Way to go girl!
♥ Stacy ;)