Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Way Back Wednesday - Trixie Belden #2


Trixie Belden #2 - The Red Trailer Mystery - 1950

We learned at the end of The Secret of the Mansion that Jim Frayne had ran away. His great uncle's lawyer showed up, revealing that Jim inherited half-a-million dollars and is going to finally be removed from his abusive stepfather's custody.

The Red Trailer Mystery picks up there. Trixie and Honey - along with Honey's governess, Miss Trask - set off in the Wheeler's trailer to find their missing friend. They make a plan to check several boy's camps upstate, since Jim mentioned getting a job there. The problem is, Jim always appears to be one step ahead of them.

On the trip, Trixie and Honey are faced with an interesting obstacle. At the trailer park where they are staying, there is a family living next door in a very fancy trailer. This family does not appear to be the owners of the trailer. They make friends with Mrs. Smith who is a very motherly person, and Trixie and Honey learn that her daughter is missing.

While trying to help this family and look for Jim at the same time, they become entangled in a trailer robbing ring; and there are two suspicious workers at their trailer camp who may or may not be involved. Trixie knows that the mysteries are all tied together and the answer lies somewhere in the nearby forest, if only they could find it.

This book ends on a truly happy note. Once again, Trixie saves the day - with a little help from her friends.

7 comments:

M. C. Pearson said...

Got your link up on Teen FIRST now. :-)

Vickie said...

I love Trixie Belden! I think Trixie was my intro to mysteries. I need to start collecting them for Lady K's shelves.

Stephanie said...

Man...Trixie Belden was my favorite growing up!! I really need to read some of these again!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun book and a fun series. I do like the old covers better.

Unknown said...

The old covers are the original ones I owned from my childhood. You can still find these on ebay or AmazonUsed, but they are few and far between. All the newer ones are paperback - but I love my old hardbacks!

Nikki said...

I Loved Trixie Belden growing up. I remember reading this one when I was a kid--I just didn't remember all of the plot. Thanks for the reminder.

Anonymous said...

I read a few Trixie Belden books when a kid, but I might have been a little more into Hardy Boys. I do remember the money stuffed into the mattress on the first Trixie Belden book you mentioned. Just think about that, we havew all those old plots and stories lurking around in our heads somewhere. No wonder it gets so crowded up there sometimes that I can't remember what I need to buy at the grocery. Oh well, I'd rather have storylines in my head than grocery lists. My husband can just do without milk for a few days. LOL Always enjoy your book blog, Bobbi.