Reading level: Ages 9-12
Hardcover: 144 pages
"For those who join the decadent realm of the vampire, eternal life holds juicy perks -- charm and strength, shape-shifting and flying, telepathy and super-powered senses. But then again, one becomes . . . so terribly hungry. Is there an etiquette for feeding without causing a scene? How do you set up your crypt? What supernatural foes will make your blood run colder? In this elegant, edgy resource, the newly immortal will find everything they need to know."
This campy little book is just the thing for those of you interested in the supernatural realm of vampires. Of course, vampires seem to be all the rage in books, magazines and movies these day, even breaking into weekly television series.
The myth of the vampire has been around for hundreds years and there seems to be more information gathered year after year. This book includes fun information on:
- Determining your true vampire persona
- Ways to turn into a vampire - or when a kiss is not just a kiss and why you should take a look at your family tree
- a transformation checklist, including canine teeth and UV sensitivity
- a makeup and fashion guide to looking damned good (or just damned)
- knowing your weaknesses, from garlic, stakes, and sunlight to an obsession with counting
* ten signs that your boyfriend is a vampire, including super coolness (body temperature-wise) and a habit of sleeping in
- a field guide to vampiric variations around the world and through history
If you like reading about the undead - and don't want to take the subject too literally - then this comprehensive guide to the vampire lifestyle should satisfy your thirst for lore and provide you with useful tips.