Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Books I'm Looking Forward To

Becky from Becky's Book Reviews and Renay from Herding the Cats are asking participants to make a list of books that they really, really want to read.

1.) Make a post talking about books that are coming out that you're looking forward to reading or buying.
2.) Include why you are anxiously awaiting those books. Include love for previous works in a series, love for an author, love for a random review that caught your eye and now you have to have those books or you'll DIE.

Notes: the books have to be those of the unreleased variety at the time your post is written. Images encouraged if available!

Here's my list of upcoming books I can't wait for:

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (4th book in the Twilight series) - released August 2, 2008. Ms. Meyer is one of my newest "favorite authors" of the past few years. The Twilight series is about the American girl next door - Bella - and her long-time boyfriend - Edward - who just happens to be a vampire. There is also Bella's best friend - Jacob - who is a werewolf. I have had a love of supernatural books since I read Stephen King's Salem's Lot when I was 12 years old.




39 Clues: Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan (author of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series) released September 9, 2008. Mr. Riordan writes one of my favorite children's book series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. 39 Clues is a new series which will have a total of 10 books.






Brisingr by Christopher Paolini (3rd book in the Inheritance Cycle) - released September 20, 2008. The Inheritance Cycle started with Eragon and Eldest, which are exceptional books, considering Mr. Paolini was a young teenager when he started this series.




Scarpetta by Patricia Cornwell (15th book in the Kay Scarpetta series) - released October 7, 2008. Ms. Cornwell is one of my favorite authors and I love her Kay Scarpetta books.







Swallowing Darkness by Laurell K. Hamilton (7th book in the Merry Gentry series)- released November 4, 2008. Ms. Hamilton is my number one favorite fiction author. She writes the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series and the Merry Gentry series.








Just After Sunset by Stephen King - released November 11, 2008. Need I say more? Mr. King is the undisputed King of Horror and I have been reading him since I was 12 years old.










Other books I am looking forward to - release dates unknown - include:

Fablehaven #4 by Brandon Mull

Southern Vampire Mysteries #9 (Sookie Stackhouse) by Charlaine Harris

The Hollows series #7 (Rachel Morgan) by Kim Harrison

Women of the Otherworld #10 by Kelley Armstrong

No comments: