Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Associate

The Associate by John Grisham

Hardcover: 384 pages
Publisher: Doubleday
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0385517831
ISBN-13: 978-0385517836

Kyle McAvoy is pending graduation from Yale Law School with plans for a life of public service, when an incident from his past surfaces. In trying to save his reputation, he is blackmailed into joining a prominent New York law firm as a spy and spilling secrets from the firm’s largest trial.

Lesson learned: your past will always come back to haunt you.

This was a fast-paced read and if you love Grisham it is a must read. Although I have been a Grisham fan for many years and I enjoyed this book, I didn’t think it lived up to The Firm or A Time To Kill.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

John Grisham has always been one of my favorite writers - and I agree w/ you that his 2 best books so far have been A time to Kill (kind of roughly reminiscent of To Kill A Mockingbird in my opinion) and The Firm.