Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My Favorites of 2009

As 2009 draws to a close, I've been looking back on the books I have read this year - so far 141 books and counting!

But it's not the number of books I've read this year that has caught my attention, it is the type of book and the subject matter. For some reason, 2009 has turned into the year of escapism reading for me - nothing too in depth, with the bulk of my reading in the Young Adult category.

Here are my top 12 books of 2009:



  1. The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe

  2. Under the Dome by Stephen King

  3. **Graceling by Kristin Cashore

  4. The Strain by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan

  5. The Girl She Used to Be by David Cristofano

  6. **Catching Fire (The Hunger Games #2) by Suzanne Collins

  7. **Prophecy of the Sisters (Prophecy of the Sisters trilogy, book #1) by Michelle Zink

  8. **Eli the Good by Silas House

  9. **The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman

  10. **The Ruby Key (The Sun and Moon series) by Holly Lisle
  11. **Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven #4) by Brandon Mull

  12. **Eon: Dragoneye Reborn by Alison Goodman

As you can see, **8** of my 12 favorite books are Young Adults. Of the other 4, one is about magic, one is about vampires, one is about the witness relocation program and one is about the alien takeover of a small town. Just a little "light" reading to take my mind off my problems.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It doesn't surprise me at all to see 8 YA books on your year end list, not after all those Way-Back Wednesdays. ;-)

Michelle Zink said...

Ohhh! How was Under the Dome? I'm a big Stephen King fan...
:D

MZ