Tuesday, August 26, 2008

R.I.P. III Challenge

Okay, so I told myself I was not signing up for any more book challenges this year, but Stainless Steel Droppings has made that decision impossible! He is having a R.I.P. III Challenge - R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril Challenge - that I can't resist. I have signed up to do Perils the First - read 4 books from September 1 to October 31st. I can choose from the following categories:

--Mystery
--Suspense
--Thriller
--Dark Fantasy
--Gothic
--Horror
--Supernatural

Right now, I'm not 100% sure which books I'll be reading, but the following are a few I'm looking forward to:

--The Shadows - Book 11 in the Vampire Huntress™ Series by L.A. Banks
--Break of Dawn - Book 3 in the Vampire Babylon series by Chris Marie Green
--East of Fools - Book 4 in the Morganville Vampire series by Rachel Caine
--When Twilight Burns - Book 4 in the Gardella Vampire Chronicles by Colleen Gleason
--Lover Enshrined - Book 6 of the Black Daggar Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward

Hum - I see a vampire marathon headed my way!

9 comments:

DesLily said...

you like vampire series huh?... heh, just a guess ! :o)

Carl V. Anderson said...

Hooray for vampires! I am so glad you're breaking your vow and joining in! I have to assume you are referring to my website as a 'she' since I am most definitely a 'he'. ;) hehe!

Unknown said...

Sorry Carl - I know you're a he, I'm just so used to writing she! Is it still a Freudian slip if it's written?

Vickie said...

Oh lordy! And here I was just today telling myself...no more challenges.....this one looks do-able, though. The genres are already on Mt Git'r'Read.....Thanks for the cranium's up!

Unknown said...

That is a lot of vampires. ;-) Enjoy.

Mari said...

"Hallo."

Ooh, I need to check out some of these books. I can't believe how many vampire series I haven't gotten my hands on.

Anonymous said...

I like your suggestions. I am hoping to read Minion finally and possibly the first Rachel Caine book too. I hope to start the JR Ward and Colleen Gleason series as soon as I have time.

Anonymous said...

Yay for binging on vampire stories!

I seriously need to catch up with the Gardella series, I'm only on book two...

Enjoy the challenge!

Lynda said...

Good list ;0)