Friday, October 3, 2008

Arsenic Soup for Lovers

Arsenic Soup for Lovers: When Chicken Soup Doesn't Work is a self-published book by Georgia Z. Post. As the front cover states this 76 page book is full of
"very, very short stories for very, very busy people."

Most stories are one or two pages long and they are perfect when you only have ten or fifteen minutes to spare reading - maybe on your lunchbreak, when you're stopped by a train, or when you're waiting on your children.

A few of my favorite stories were:

"Midlife Crisis" centers around a woman who learns her husband is having an affair, but she manages to turn the tables on her husband and his lover.

"Knees" is about a man with an obsession with other people's knees.

"Sex and the Widow" is what happens when a widowed woman is tired of the propositions by married men, especially the husbands of her friends.

"A Better Spouse Trap" is the story of those dog tracking "chips" you insert under the animal's skin - only these are not used for straying dogs ...

As I said, these stories are short and sweet, but they are truly funny.


5 comments:

Marg said...

Completely OT comment, but I have nominated you for a blog award. Details are here

Anna said...

I just received this one to review. I read the first one, Midlife Crisis, and it was funny. Haven't read any of the others yet. It's true that they are very short!

--Anna
http://diaryofaneccentric.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Clever title and I'm far more likely to pick up this one than the Chicken Soup series (though good and good for America, I'm just not a fan).
So, how do you find your books? Do you troll the library or read PW or how does it work? Honestly, if I didn't read your blog and several other "book bloggers," I would be out of the loop on everything (except the mainstream stuff B&N puts on their tables.)
Thanks for this, Bobbi and I think i know someone will love it for a gift, too!

Shelley said...

This sounds like a good one for me to pick up!

Lynda said...

Sounds good ;0)