Thursday, November 20, 2008

I Got Tagged

I was tagged for this meme by Stephanie:

Share seven random and/or weird book facts about yourself.

1.) I love books and this love affair has been going on most of my life (I'm 46). I am partial to hardcover books, but I will read paperbacks in a pinch. I will never get used to e-books or Kindles because I love the way books feel in my hands - the weight of them, the texture, the smell.

2.) I own many 1st edition hardbacks and these are my pride and joy: Stephen King (even the first 4 Dark Tower books which were orginally published in paperback), Laurell K. Hamilton (even the 1st Anita Blake books which were orginaly published in paperback), and all 7 of the Harry Potter books (even a 1st edition British verison)

3.) I'm an insomniac, so I spent a lot of time reading in the middle of the night. I typically have one or two cats in my lap at the same time I'm reading.

4.) I NEVER read books out of order - I always have to start with the first in a series. That being said, when a favorite author has a book coming out, I will usually re-read the entire series in preparation. Case in point, Swallowing Darkness by Laurell K. Hamilton was released on November 4th, and I re-read all the Merry Gentry books before starting the newest. Crazy, I know!

5.) My youngest daughter and I love reading together. We may be reading different books and have different tastes, but it is enjoyable to just be in the same room together sharing our love of books and reading.

6.) I'm a total vampire freak - even at age 46 - so I try to read all the newest vampire books. However, Stephen King's Salem's Lot will always be my favorite because it is the book that started the craze for me.

7.) I just recently started doing book reviews for my local public library (Mercer Public Library) and now I have a weekly column that appears in the local paper (Harrodsburg Herald) called The Book Nook.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

OK....maybe you are my long lost sister?? Although I failed to put it in my post, one of my other prized possessions is a HB copy of Guilty Pleasures signed by Ms. Hamilton! I met her at book signing in Springfield, and got 3 books signed!

And yeah...the vampire freak applies to me as well. Salem's Lot scared the bejesus out of me, but started a trend!