Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Way Back Wednesday - Trixie Belden #9

Trixie Belden #9 - The Happy Valley Mystery - 1962

During this adventure, Trixie and the Bob-Whites are headed for Iowa to the Belden's Uncle Andrew's farm - Happy Valley Farm.

When they arrive, they discover Uncle Andrew's sheep have been disappearing. Being the detective that she is, Trixie is determined to find out what's going on. Her main suspect is a man with a black beard. In addition to this book's mystery, there is a flood which also endangers Uncle Andrew's sheep. These sheep end up being major trouble for the Bob-Whites.

In another storyline, Trixie impresses a boy, Ned Schulz, with her basketball skills. The gang also meets twins Barbara and Bob Hubbell and Trixie becomes jealous of a pretty girl's interest in Jim. That green-eyed monster is finally rearing its ugly head ...

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Bobbi! I've been thinking about you recently as I haven't seen in the blogosphere lately. I wanted to let you know that I broke down and started reading the Twilight series and love it! Do you have any good reading recommends for my 8 year old daughter. She loves to read and is reading alot of Nancy Drew right now.But she needs other things as well. I'd love to hear what you have to say. Hope all is well!

Shelley said...

This was one of my fave trixie books too! Actually - I loved them all!

Unknown said...

Hi Bobbi. Enjoy the variety of books on your site. The Civil War book sounds like one I might need to check out if I decide to set my next book in that time period. But it's neat that you review young adult books too. That's sure to be a big help to moms and grandmoms wanting to buy books for the youngsters in their lives.