Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The 8th Confession

The 8th Confession (Women’s Murder Club #8) by James Patterson

Hardcover: 368 pages
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0316018767
ISBN-13: 978-0316018760

The 8th book in the Women’s Murder Club starts out with an exploding meth lab disguised as a school bus and the story never slows down. This is Patterson’s usual MO, so why mess with success?

Lindsay Boxer, Cindy Thomas, Claire Washburn and Yuki Castellano are back, trying to solve the murders of several rich San Fransico socialites. In addition, there is a mystery surounding a homeless preacher and a strange turn in the love life of one of the women.

Although I still love the character of Lindsay Boxer, I have been a little disappointed in the last few installments of this series. I think Patterson is trying too hard and he is using “co-authors” to help him release several books a year instead of one. However, if you are a fan of Patterson, then this book is still a must read.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I've read this whole series, too, and I think it's not as good as the early books. I'm wondering how much story is left in these characters. My review is here.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric