Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Way Back Wednesday - Trixie Belden #3

Trixie Belden #3 - The Gatehouse Mystery - 1951

Jim Frayne is now officially Honey's new brother because her parents decided to adopt him. And Honey couldn't be happier; she always wanted a sibling. Jim now lives on the Wheeler estate, but he still has his own money in trust account, thanks to the fortune of his great-uncle.

The Gatehouse Mystery focuses on a mysterious new chauffeur hired by the Wheeler family. But Trixie thinks there is something funny going on with this man and she just doesn't trust him. Someone has been sneaking into the gatehouse behind the Wheeler estate and Trixie is determined to find out who. Trixie and Honey have also found a diamond, which Honey says does not belong to either of her parents.

This book is the first time we get a hint of the Bob-White Club that will be formed. The Bob-Whites include Trixie and Honey, as well as Jim and Trixie's older brothers, Brian and Mart.

6 comments:

Vickie said...

Just smiling at the memories of Trixie Belden.....thanks for the smile.

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Thanks for all the memories! I'm going to have to beg my mom to send these to me - if she'll part with them for a while!

Marg said...

Jim Frayne was my first literary crush! I loved these books so much! I wonder if my mum still has them, or if they in the boxes she sent me that I have never unpacked.

TexasGrandma said...

Love seeing you review these books! I am a 60 something grandmother and I have the whole set. Some dating back from my youth. And no mrsb ya can't have them!!! At least not yet!

Shelley said...

I'm so glad you're reviewing this series- bringing back my childhood memories!

Anonymous said...

I am so thrilled to find other Trixie Belden fans. Most people have read Nancy Drew (which I also enjoyed) but not as many have read Trixie. I lived in a dream world of those books - I was Trixie!
What wonderful memories. Thanks for bringing it all back, Bobbi.