Thursday, July 10, 2008

Eclipse


As I've stated in my last two posts, I am re-reading the Twilight series in preparation of the August 2nd release of Breaking Dawn. Readers captivated by Twilight and New Moon will also love Eclipse, the third book in Stephenie Meyer's riveting vampire love saga.

Isabella Swan - Bella - once again finds herself surrounded by danger as Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a "bad" vampire continues her quest for revenge. In this book, Bella is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob. Will her decision cause an increased conflict between the vampires and the werewolves? The obvious love triangle between the three reaches a cresendo and I caught myself rooting for all sides.

Bella's high school graduation is quickly approaching, and she is forced to make a decision between remaining a human or being changed into a vampire. Edward wants Bella to remain human, but Bella wants to join Edward in immortality while she is still young and beautiful.

After missing Edward through much of New Moon, I was excited to have him back in the forefront. His love for Bella has intensified and you can actually feel the love through the romantic prose that has made Ms. Meyer's work so irresistable.

This book is a must read for anyone who loves Twilight and New Moon. Eclipse is edgier and more action packed than the first two books and it is all leading up to, what Ms. Meyer's says, is the finale of the series.

Postscript: Although Stephenie Meyer has stated in interviews that Breaking Dawn will be the series finale, according to her website there will eventually be another book to add. Midnight Sun is the tentative name of this book and it will be a re-working of Twilight from Edward's point of view. It will be interesting to read the same story through his eyes because Edward is simply a more complex character than Bella.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just spotted this series for the first time today. Unfortunately, the store I was in only had New Moon and Eclipse. I can't bring myself to read a series out of order, so I passed on it.

My next Alibris order is gonna' be BIG!

Tasha said...

I'm reading Eclipse now. Even though I don't really like any of the characters in these books, I can't stop reading...