Thursday, August 20, 2009

Prayer Request

I would like to apologize for no Way Back Wednesday post yesterday, but my family is in the midst of a major clean-up effort. We had a fire at our home on Tuesday morning. The major damage was to the laundry room - apparently our deep freezer shorted out. We lost everything in that room, but thankful there is no structural damage. We have smoke and water damage in the kitchen and living room, but this can all be cleaned up.

One of the hardest things has been losing our 3 cats - Frankie, Bella and Elinore. For those of you with pets, you can imagine how hard this has been, especially on our daughter. Thankfully, our dog, Rusty, appears to be uneffected, even though he was in the house with the cats.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers over the next few days. God spared our home because we very well could have lost everything we own. Thankfully, we weren't home, so God also spared our lives - He is truly great.

5 comments:

Anna said...

Oh how awful! Thank goodness your family and your home are fine, though. You're definitely in my thoughts and prayers. ((HUGS))

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Literary Feline said...

Oh my gosh, Bobbi! I am so sorry for your loss. My heart and prayers go out to you. Give Rusty an extra big hug from me.

DesLily said...

really sorry to hear of the fire and loss.. you are right though.. things could have been a lot worse. and that's very hard to say when you loose part of your family (the cats). I hope all will continue to go well for you and your family

Nikki in Niagara said...

Thak the Lord you're family was unharmed. God is good! I have prayed for you and your family for the tough days ahead and especially your daughter as she deals with the grief of losing her pets. May God keep you in His arms.

Marg said...

How horrible for you all. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.